Monday, May 5, 2008

Day UNO

* Lander & Creepy Steve prepping for tomorrow!*
CINCO DE MAYO!
HOLA! My first day as an intern went better than expected, to be honest.
On Saturday afternoon I moved into Carolina Heatley aka "Heater"'s house in Dedham, MA and on Sunday my parents came down with tons of food to help minimize my cooking (defiantly a good thing) and I spent the rest of the Sunday hanging out with Heater and getting to bed very early for my 4:15 am rise.
I was on the road at 5:00 am to arrive at 1200 Soldiers Field Road, Boson at 5:30. Steve, who is lovingly called “Creepy Steve” by the morning crew, greeted me. He helped show me the ropes in the studio. Covering all the hallways in the studio are signed posters of various artists and photographs of Lander and the crew with celebrities. Within ten minute I was answering the phones with anxious callers eager to get on the air to talk to John Lander or win the money give-aways. The theme of the show was Cinco de Mayo; my Spanish was not very helpful though. Two major topics on today's show included: What is stolen the MOST at home depot??? A lot of the guesses included: bolts, nails, gift cards, and tape measures. I was surprised to find out it was copper! The second subject of discussion was horse racing. Yesterday a horse's two front legs broke on the racetrack and they put him to sleep right away. I spoke to many callers who were against it, and others who thought they started racing the horses’ way to early.
After the show was over the morning crew and myself went to the back studio and did some pre-recording for tomorrow's show. Lander told me to always have my camera with me because, " You never know when a celeb will stop by!" So I have my camera with me at all times. Until tomorrow ... ADIOS!

check out the website & listen online ... mix 98.5



3 comments:

Michele Koenig said...

Yahoo. You are a star! Great first post.

Anonymous said...

I listened to some of the staff at 98.5 talk about you on the radio this morning. Too cool! I can't wait to hear about your next big adventure in the station. :) Keep on rockin!
-Christina Dotchin

Anonymous said...

I also listened to your intro from the staff at 98.5 - very cool - but you may want to watch out for pranks! It'll be interesting to read about the behind-the-scenes activities.