Sunday, May 18, 2008

.. WeEkeNd PoSt!*

Heater's kitchen & puppy STAN!


*Its a rainy Sunday but I am so excited for tomorrow to meet my first band- Augustina. This past week went very well, I thought, and I enjoyed every minute. I learned so much from the basic stuff, how to send a fax, to doing a nutcracker. I think Lander asked me to do a nutcracker because he trusted me to not laugh and gather enough information and to get the full experience of working at not any station but especially Mix 98.5. I realized how unique this station is though conversations and comparing other stations. Mix really cares about their listeners and tries to do anything for them. I felt as if I got full exposure to the being on the air this week with my update with Lander on air, interview with Dave Navarro, and doing a nutcracker. My first week I got the feel for more behind the scenes, answering phones, running paper work, and prepping for upcoming stories. I tried to think of a favorite and I decided I liked it all. I love listening to the callers, weather it be good or bad, feeling the rush of finding a great story and giving Lander and crew a quick over view, and the excitement of being on the microphone. I think after these first two weeks I will know not to totally freak out when I meet Augustana an tomorrow. The

people that work at the station are so relaxed about meeting these artists I think it would be beneficial to me knowing this because I wont stick out as the intern ... hopefully. I am doing my interview with Lander and the crew this week in the back studio and I will be preparing more questions to go along with my initial questions stated in my proposal. Unfortunately the station will not allow video cameras, so that part of my project won't be included but everything else will! I cannot believe I am starting my last week. It really has been a great experience and I love the industry.
Until tomorrow's post.

P E A C E



Above: El casa de Heater!


No comments: